From Concept to Completion:A flow chart of what to expect during the process of working with Moyer’s Inc. in order to take your initial concepts through to a beautiful completed installation.
Research & Create Wish ListReview the list to the left and visit www.moyersinc.net and develop your wish list.
Initial MeetingAt your property; get to know us, establish the scope, & discuss design and installation options.
Planning & DesignOn to the drawing board. We’ll create a thoughtful, aesthetic, & functional custom plan.
Phased ProposalDetailed phases customized for you. Our proposals are much more than the bottom line.
PresentationAt our office; interactive presentation of the original concepts and construction techniques.
Displays on site, no questions left unanswered.
Construction ProcessQuality installation from personable skilled craftsmen. No details are missed.
CompletionWalk through with your designer, ask questions about the construction and maintenance, enjoy & share!
Considerations Prior to Initial Meeting:A list of common landscape phases to familiarize yourself with prior to the initial meeting with a Moyer’s Inc. designer. No need to get too detailed; it is our job to design your custom landscape for function, aesthetic, and longevity.
1. Retaining WallsSegmented retaining wall vs. natural stone wall
2. GradingStorm water and drainage correction
Top soil spreading
Fine pulverizing of top soil layer
Blown straw mulch vs. erosion control matting
Temporary irrigation vs. irrigation
3. Foundation Landscape BedsPoly vs. mortared paver vs. spade edging
6 mil Visqueen weed barrier
Stone mulch vs. wood mulch
Planting design and specimen selection
- color, flower, form, maintenance, evergreen vs. deciduous, etc.
4. Exterior Landscape BedsAchieve privacy
Give depth and interest to yard
5. HardscapingOutdoor Living: dining, grilling, fire, kitchen, etc.
Stoop and stairways
Pergolas or garden structures
6. Low Voltage LED LightingHome facade and architectural features
Functional task lighting
Vegetation and landscape lighting